Blogger media

British spies accused of arresting Sikh blogger in India

LONDON: An Iraqi-born man has had his leg amputated and remains in critical condition following a car crash that left one woman dead and two others injured in London.

Rida Al-Mousawi, a 24-year-old jeweler, is said to have been driving his supercharged new Range Rover at around 120mph when it left the A40 Western Avenue road at 3.48am on Monday, damaging a Tesla charging station, hitting another parked car . , and land on the tracks at Park Royal tube station.

The mother of a six-year-old, who was riding with Al-Mousawi, died at the scene, while another passenger and a 56-year-old man in the parked Tesla car were treated for injuries not involving their life in danger. .

Footage of the incident was captured on a dashcam by an Uber driver using the charging station.

Al-Mousawi, born in Basra, known to his friends as Kazim, who ran the Hiba jewelry store on Edgware Road owned by his father, Mahdi, was returning home from a night out at a neighborhood shisha restaurant called Wish Lounge, popular with the local Iraqi community, where he had met the two women. Friends said he offered the two men a ride home in the early hours.

Another Edgware Road trader told Mail Online: ‘He had only recently bought the Range Rover, swapping in his Mercedes. The car was the most powerful version, the SVR.

“He’s a great guy and we all knew him because he had quite an active social life.”

Another trader said: “It’s just awful, and we knew something was wrong when he didn’t come to open the store.

“We heard he was involved in the accident and in a very bad way. We all hope he survives because he is such a nice young man.

Another added: ‘When you look at the pictures of the car it’s a miracle he’s alive.

Uber driver Nawaf Ali, 40, whose camera captured part of the incident, told Mail Online: ‘I had just parked and walked towards a white Tesla because I recognized the driver like someone who was also an Uber driver.”

He continued: “Suddenly there was a sound like a plane crashing. It was so loud. I looked down and this car flew over the metal barrier. was silent.

“I looked around but couldn’t see where the other car was going. There was only silence. At the time, I had no idea where it had gone. succeeded.

Ali added: “There was a lot of debris everywhere. I was walking, then I saw the body of the young woman. It was horrible. I didn’t see it at first and wasn’t sure it was a body. It wasn’t until I got closer that I could make out her.

“When I saw this I ran to my car. It was too much. I couldn’t bear to watch it. It was like a horror movie, only much worse. I don’t want to never see anything like that again.”

Local residents were alerted to the accident by the noise made as the car spiraled out of control.

Nader Nemer, 34, who lives nearby, told the MyLondon news site: “We were sleeping when we heard a lot of fire engines and helicopters. My wife woke me up but I couldn’t see what happened.

“Thank God we weren’t here this morning, it could have been much worse. My wife told me never to take our son there again. It’s honestly very scary.

A section of the road and the station remain closed as surveys and clearance work continue.

In a statement, London’s Metropolitan Police said: “Police were called to a collision on the westbound A40 near Park Royal tube station at 03.48am on Monday August 22.

“Officers were present with fellow paramedics. It was reported that two cars, a Range Rover and a Tesla, were involved in a collision and the Range Rover ran off the road and onto the railway tracks. It is believed that the Tesla was stationary at the time.

“Despite the efforts of the emergency services, a woman in her twenties – believed to have been a passenger in the Range Rover – died at the scene. Officers are awaiting official identification and confirmation that next of kin have been informed.

“The driver of the Range Rover, a man in his 20s, was taken to hospital where he is in critical condition. The condition of a second passenger in the Range Rover, a woman in her 20s, is not life threatening. A man, in his 50s, who was believed to have been with the stationary Tesla, was treated for injuries that were assessed as not life threatening.