Former Bukit Aman CCID director Datuk Seri Amar Singh said the raid was one of the largest in police history and was carried out in strict accordance with the strictest rules . — Photo by Firdaus Latif
By Ashley Young
Friday, August 12, 2022 7:44 PM MYT
KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 12 – Former criminal Datuk Seri Amar Singh today filed a police report against Malaysian blogger Raja Petra Kamaruddin over allegations that a civilian was present during a raid on a property owned by Datuk Seri Najib Razak in May 2018.
According The starAmar filed the report at Dang Wangi Police Headquarters alongside two unnamed retired deputy police directors who were present during the raid, both of whom filed separate reports against Raja Petra, claiming his allegations were false.
“Detailed records have been made of what has been recovered. None of these ladies were present or removed anything as alleged.
“It is important to note that the raid was carried out by a team consisting of several deputy directors and deputy directors of police, very senior police officers, some of whom later became directors and chiefs of police of State,” the former Bukit Aman Commercial Crime Investigation Department said. (CCID) would have said the director.
He said the raid was one of the largest in police history and was carried out in strict accordance with the strictest rules.
Amar added that the raid involved around 70 police and officers from several departments, including the CCID, Special Action Unit, Criminal Investigation Department and Traffic Department, and that it would have been impossible to pull out what whether obtained during the raid.
“There is simply no way anything could pass through this team without anyone noticing. Also, this team just met on the day of the raid.
“So there is no possibility of a conspiracy to cover up. I had deliberately composed all my teams from different elements in order to avoid future false allegations from mercenaries like RPK about the raid,” Amar added.
He also reportedly said that the entire raid was documented with video and photos by an independent CID team.
“Additionally, the building where the raid was carried out has over 100 CCTV cameras and over 50 reporters were waiting in the lobby, the only exit from the building at the time.
“None of the journalists saw a civilian lady coming out of the raid, also with a big suitcase as it is claimed,” he said.
He added that he had been told by other senior officers present during the raid that they too would be filing reports against Raja Petra.
The case is being investigated under Section 500 for defamation and Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act.
Amar led the 2018 raids on the Pavilion Residences units and Najib’s house in Taman Duta which saw the seizure of hundreds of high-end handbags, cash in various currencies, gold, jewelry and of luxury watches, all of which were allegedly linked to 1Malaysia Development Berhad.
Amar retired from the force on December 5, 2018.